Sunday, May 06, 2018 / by Shelley Costello
The front door is the first thing visitors see when they arrive at your house. A beautiful entrance can transform the look of the entire home and is an essential component to creating curb appeal. Doors provide the opportunity for you to express your unique taste and style by allowing you to customize the entrance to your home.
Remodeling Projects With The Highest ROI
Even on a budget, you can give your entrance a makeover and transform an ordinary front door into something which welcomes guests from the moment they walk up.
The truth is, an entry door replacement is one of the most affordable and important investments you can make in your home — one that will pay for itself many times over throughout the life of the door.
• Replace – While certainly the most expensive option, an elegant front door can set the tone for the home. Options from beautiful wood to industrial steel doors compliment the home’s architecture.
Tuesday, April 17, 2018 / by Shelley Costello
Your home’s air conditioner needs a regular tune-up just like your car does. If you don’t know much about air conditioners, here are some quick tips and facts:
Your home’s air conditioner consists of three main parts:
1. The Compressor: It’s the large outdoor unit which is usually on the side of your house or behind the garage. It compresses the refrigerant, or Freon®, into a liquid that then evaporates, resulting in cooling.
2. The Blower Unit: Pushes the air throughout the system.
3. The Ductwork: Circulates the air. Cool air is carried into the home; warm air is exhausted.
Anything having to do with refrigerant should be left to professionals. Hire someone to inspect the refrigerant and the compressor lines.
Here are several do-it-yourself tune-up tasks for your home’s air conditioner:
• Change the air conditioner filters: Schedule a day each month to change your filters. It can be the first, the fifteen ...
Thursday, November 09, 2017 / by Shelley Costello
Are you in the market for a new house or condo? Whether you're looking for something luxurious or intimate, you'll want to ensure that you have enough space for all of life's necessities. Many home buyers focus on bedrooms, bathrooms and living areas as their top priorities. But have you given any thought to your closet space?
In today's blog post we'll explore why a spacious walk-in closet should be high on your list of "must-haves" for your new home.
Enough Storage For A Stylish Couple
An upgrade in storage space is the main reason to have a large walk-in closet – and for good reason. Today's working professional needs a large wardrobe to store suits, work outfits, social attire, shoes, accessories and more. It's almost impossible to cram everything needed in a small closet with one large hanging rack and a shelf or two. And even if you do decide to fill a smaller closet until it's bursting at the seams, you're stuck with having to try to organize it regularly jus ...
Wednesday, July 19, 2017 / by Jordana Tobel
Different states have different laws and common practices when it comes to buying a home. Here are 4 important things to know if you’re thinking of buying a home in Florida.
1. Attorneys are Not Required at Closing.
• Most Florida real estate transactions are closed with title agents
• Many title companies have real estate attorneys on staff for as-needed consultations
• You may, of course, retain the services of a licensed real estate attorney at any point in your Florida real estate transaction, at your cost
2. Insurance is Important.
• In addition to homeowner’s insurance, your lender may require flood insurance
• Homes with older roofs, or roofs that do not meet certain wind mitigation standards, may be tougher to insure, often requiring higher premiums
• Your insurer may charge a higher rate if your home has older plumbing (e.g., galvanized pipes), outdated electrical, or doesn’t ha ...
Wednesday, July 12, 2017 / by Shelley Costello
"I am the rendezvous of the rich. ... I am the dream of a genius, the materialization of a magical mirage. I am the sun porch of America. I am Boca Raton in 1927.”
The words of the American architect Addison Mizner whose brainchild was Boca Raton. This was how he first introduced the town in an advertisement. If one was to look at the literal meaning of the town, its means a rat’s mouth, however, there isn’t anything ratty about it. It is proud-to-be posh town that is home to many luxury-seeking residents and travelers.
Before its inauguration as a posh town in 1929, it was a sleepy residential community that lacked the interests of any big investors, franchisees or the rich. Kudos to Mizner, for it was his imagination that built this town into a fancy residential area. Today Boca Raton isn’t like any other own in Florida, it is”THE” town for those who are inspired by a luxury lifestyle aka Boca Raton lifestyle.
Boca Raton life ...