Saturday, June 23, 2018 / by Shelley Costello
Summer officially arrived this week it's an exciting time in Boca Raton.
Lets start with the Fabulous Fourth Celebration – City of Boca Raton that starts at 6:30 p.m. at the Countess de Hoernle Park aka Spanish River Athletic Facility
What can you expect at the fantastic event? To start The fireworks start at 9 pm. Celebrate the Fourth of July with presenting sponsor, the Boca Raton Airport, live music and performances, carnival rides, games and crafts, food and drinks, and of course, fabulous fireworks to end the night!
Make sure to take summer outdoor safety precautions.
Free parking will be plentiful with several nearby public parking lots including Boca Corporate Center with complimentary shuttle service will begin at 5:30pm and run continuously until 10:15pm. Blankets & lawn chairs permitted. Personal fireworks, sparklers, alcohol, and family pets are absolutely prohibited.
All of the in ...
Friday, June 15, 2018 / by Shelley Costello
Summer is approaching and it's time to go around the home looking for potential safety hazards. Inside and outside are potential dangers that could cause harm.
It’s important to us all that our home be considered safe. Accidents happen all the time within the home, though. Listed below are several tips to follow to ensure safety in each room in your home.
In the Kitchen
* Keep flammable objects away from the stove. Do not let oven mitts, paper towels, etc. come into contact with the hot pots and pans or the burners.
* Use cleaning products with caution. Ensure that you do not put the cleaning products within reach of your children. Keep them out of reach so they cannot accidentally poison themselves.
* Never leave sharp objects and tools unattended in a place where little hands can reach them.
* Ensure that all electrical cords are kept away from water and flammable objects like curtains and hand towels. The cords could overheat and c ...
Sunday, May 6, 2018 / by Shelley Costello
The front door is the first thing visitors see when they arrive at your house. A beautiful entrance can transform the look of the entire home and is an essential component to creating curb appeal. Doors provide the opportunity for you to express your unique taste and style by allowing you to customize the entrance to your home.
Remodeling Projects With The Highest ROI
Even on a budget, you can give your entrance a makeover and transform an ordinary front door into something which welcomes guests from the moment they walk up.
The truth is, an entry door replacement is one of the most affordable and important investments you can make in your home — one that will pay for itself many times over throughout the life of the door.
• Replace – While certainly the most expensive option, an elegant front door can set the tone for the home. Options from beautiful wood to industrial steel doors compliment the home’s architecture.
Tuesday, April 17, 2018 / by Shelley Costello
Your home’s air conditioner needs a regular tune-up just like your car does. If you don’t know much about air conditioners, here are some quick tips and facts:
Your home’s air conditioner consists of three main parts:
1. The Compressor: It’s the large outdoor unit which is usually on the side of your house or behind the garage. It compresses the refrigerant, or Freon®, into a liquid that then evaporates, resulting in cooling.
2. The Blower Unit: Pushes the air throughout the system.
3. The Ductwork: Circulates the air. Cool air is carried into the home; warm air is exhausted.
Anything having to do with refrigerant should be left to professionals. Hire someone to inspect the refrigerant and the compressor lines.
Here are several do-it-yourself tune-up tasks for your home’s air conditioner:
• Change the air conditioner filters: Schedule a day each month to change your filters. It can be the first, the fifteen ...
Thursday, November 9, 2017 / by Shelley Costello
Are you in the market for a new house or condo? Whether you're looking for something luxurious or intimate, you'll want to ensure that you have enough space for all of life's necessities. Many home buyers focus on bedrooms, bathrooms and living areas as their top priorities. But have you given any thought to your closet space?
In today's blog post we'll explore why a spacious walk-in closet should be high on your list of "must-haves" for your new home.
Enough Storage For A Stylish Couple
An upgrade in storage space is the main reason to have a large walk-in closet – and for good reason. Today's working professional needs a large wardrobe to store suits, work outfits, social attire, shoes, accessories and more. It's almost impossible to cram everything needed in a small closet with one large hanging rack and a shelf or two. And even if you do decide to fill a smaller closet until it's bursting at the seams, you're stuck with having to try to organize it regularly jus ...